Saturday, December 20, 2008

Season's Greetings!


My oh my. Winter has come to Puget Sound wearing a thick white coat this year! It’s quite the sparkling wonderland out there right now…. beautiful to take a walk in or just gaze upon from my window.

Thankfully, I haven’t had to be stuck in traffic or go without power (knock on wood), which of course greatly diminishes the appeal of snow…. and I do hope you have not had to suffer those things yourself.


This is the season that always brings me reflection on all that has happened during the previous 12 months, a list which seems longer each year at the same time that the months seem to fly by faster. How that is possible, I don’t know.

But I do know that I am very grateful to you all for helping to make 2008 a good year for Green Light Gardening and for me personally. I have enjoyed working with each of you, and I feel fortunate that you have given me the opportunity to be part of your garden plans and projects, whether large or small. I have also learned something from each of you that I take with me to the next garden and the next season.

Speaking of next seasons, my 2009 fees and rates will remain the same as they are now, including the "carbon footprint discount" for residents of NE Seattle. Also, the choice of appointment days will increase for all clients. For the past 2 years, many of you have put up with extended waits for consultation appointments and design services because of my limited schedule, and I want to express my sincere thanks for your patience and loyalty. I recently made the decision to end my weekly commitment to Seattle Tilth, and instead do occasional education work for them in order to devote my time more fully to Green Light Gardening.

Another change that I think you’ll enjoy is that I plan to resume my annual “Open Garden and Plant Sale” in 2009, after a 2-year hiatus. As a token of my appreciation, all 2007 and 2008 clients will receive a free plant of their choice from my home nursery! I will be getting back in touch later this winter when the date is set for this event. Hope to see you then, if not before, and thanks again for your business and referrals!

Sincerely,
Emily